Thursday, July 30, 2009

15 months old!

I can't believe that Maya is already 15 months old!   She weighed in at 23.5 lbs (60%) and was 31.5 inches tall (82%).   Physically and developmentally she is right on track.   We enjoy watching her grow and develop each day!!

My aunt, uncle, and cousin visited Denver this summer and brought Maya back a stuffed buffalo.   She was dragging around the dog leash, so I hooked up the buffalo and she took him on a walk around the house. 



The drum corps Omar teaches came through Greenville, so we invited the percussion staff over to our house to relax.  Jerry and Maya played some music for us.  He tried to get her to play the flute, but she just used it as a drum stick.




Like most of her friends, Maya is obsessed with shoes.   She can put on her Crocs and sandals by herself, although they aren't always on the right foot.  We caught her trying Omar's shoes on.  (Sorry for the blurry picture.)


I have been wanting to get Maya a Cabbage Patch doll and finally found one with brown hair.  (The only ones I could find where blonde.)    She has not warmed up to the doll yet, but we were able to get her to rock the doll for a minute before she (the doll) ended up face down on the floor.  Please excuse my singing.


2 comments:

  1. Of course she used the flute as a drumstick--it's what she knows best! :) I love seeing your posts to give me a highlight of what to expect from Maddy in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl drummers rock!! LOL. Maya is so so cute. would like to meet her in person someday but in the meantime, this blog is great.

    ReplyDelete