Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oh what a week!

Omar was on a week vacation from the Boston Crusaders this past week.  We enjoyed spending time with him!  On Sunday I drove up to Mars Hill, NC and visited with my mom's friend Nancy.  She has a cabin there.  Maya and I enjoyed walking around the property.  

Funny story:  Maya has grown attached to her Pooh bear.  We accidentally left him at Nancy's house and she was kind enough to put him in the mail on Monday.  Maya struggled a little bit trying to get to sleep without her Pooh bear.   When he arrived on Tuesday, she had just woken up from her nap and I brought him in to her.  Her face lit up and she grabbed him and gave him a big hug.  She was so happy to see him!!  Omar tried to take her out of her crib and she didn't want to get out.  So we left her in there along with Pooh.  She stayed in her crib for 45 minutes talking to Pooh.  We can only assume she was filling him in on all that he missed, or maybe he was sharing with her about his trip through the United States Postal Service. :-)

Nancy and Maya

Smelling the pretty flowers.

Teasing Nancy's dog Darby.  Maya would get right up to Darby's nose and then walk away.


We had a picnic lunch at Greer City Park while we listened to some live music.  It was an extremely warm day and Maya took a 3 hour nap after a nice cool bath.

I can't watch when he does this with her.....but she LOVES it!

Nap head! 

Reading a book and showing off her new pink Crocs.

1 comment:

  1. oh how fun she is. I love the picture of Omar and Miss Maya as he tosses her in the air (I think that's what I see). have good memories of Adrian's dad doing the same to her. What a fun precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete